Each week, we work hard to bring you the best events happening in Jackson County this week along with some good news and our top picks of things to do in Jackson MI this weekend.
Holiday Weekend Ahead
Labor Day Weekend has often found our family packing up and heading off for a long weekend to celebrate the end of summer and start of fall.
We’ve gone camping with friends, done day trips around Michigan, and even jumped on a plane to Florida once. It’s always a fun weekend to help us transition from summer to fall, and we look forward to it each year.
This week’s email is full of great ways to Join In Jackson this Labor Day Weekend – whether you want to:
- have a picnic lunch at one of Jackson’s favorite parks and playgrounds,
- head to a local lake for one last beach day,
- hit the links for a round of golf,
- take a hike or ride a bike, or
- take a drive to one of our favorite day trip destinations.
P.S. If you want to bring your favorite furry family member along for the fun this weekend, be sure to check out our newest article on the blog: 21 Pet-Friendly Things to Do in Jackson.
See Good + Do Good
That’s our challenge to ourselves and to Jackson County. Here is an example of doing good we’ve seen recently…
- When James Garner, artist of the I Matter exhibit, approached Ella Sharp Museum about his idea of sharing his message through photography is was a perfect fit. Our community coming together is a huge part of what makes Jackson so amazing and we’re thankful to Good Things Going – Jackson for sharing this story.
- A local Jacksonian saw a need for cleaning up the areas around clothes donation boxes in a group on Facebook, and he decided to do something about it. Now he’s organizing community clean-up day throughout Jackson, helping to make our hometown a better place to work, play, and live!
Have you seen good happening in Jackson County? We’d love to hear about it and share it with others!
What is there to do in Jackson MI this weekend?
More and more events are finding their way on our events calendar each week. Here are our top picks for Jackson events this weekend…
- “I Matter” Artist Meet & Greet @ Ella Sharp Museum
- Popcorn Drive Up Pick Up @ Michigan Theatre of Jackson